As coronavirus reaches pandemic levels, it is vital that we do all we can to prevent it from spreading.
The CDC recommends taking these simple preventative steps to reduce the spread of coronavirus:
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If water and soap aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer with an alcohol content of at least 60%.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose with unwashed hands.
- If you are sick, stay home as much as possible and cover your cough.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces and objects.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will be key to preventing the spread of the virus and keeping your facility, staff and clients safe.
Which disinfectants are effective on coronavirus (COVID-19)?
The disinfectants you use must comply with the EPA Emerging Pathogen Policy. Coronavirus, including this new coronavirus, is an “enveloped virus.” This is actually good news, because non-enveloped viruses like norovirus and adenovirus can survive in more hostile environments, don’t respond as well to some disinfectants and are heat resistant. Because coronavirus does not fall into this category and is an enveloped virus, disinfectants may be more effective.
Viral Disinfection Kit Fights Coronavirus
Multi-Clean’s Viral Disinfection Kit inactivates viral pathogens, including coronavirus and influenza.
This convenient kit allows anyone to quickly and easily make disinfectant solutions that work on high-touch surfaces, including bedrails, window sills, door frames, tables, desk tops, hand rails, light switches, chairs, telephones and door knobs.
The kit includes 6 one shot cartridges of Century Q disinfectant, 2 one shot dispensing bottles with trigger sprayers, 2 microfiber towels and detailed instructions.
One Shot 256 Century Q disinfectant is a hospital-grade disinfectant cleaner that will inactivate coronavirus when properly used.
Preparing the disinfectant is simple: Fill one of the included dispensing bottles with water, insert the disinfectant cartridge, attach the sprayer, mix gently and spray and wipe all surfaces.
One kit makes 6 full quarts of disinfectant — that’s enough to cover 18,000 square feet of surface area!! While a single bottle of a traditional spray may only contain 19 ounces of disinfectant, this kit delivers a total of 192 ounces of disinfectant power.